I’ve had a few people ask about implementation, so here goes:
- Create a new Google Analytics profile for your hosted WordPress blog
- Grab the Google Analytics ID for your new profile (looks like this UA-3123123-2)
- Complete the form here – http://ga.webdigi.co.uk/ – to generate your tracking image code. Copy this to your clipboard.
- Log in to your WordPress console, and then go to Appearance -> Widgets
- Create a new ‘Text’ widget, and drag it to your sidebar.
- Paste the tracking image code into the body of the text widget. Leave the title blank.
- Save and close the text widget.